Organizations can routinely find cost savings to their bottom lines by outsourcing their product manufacturing to a contracted manufacturing company. These savings in production costs are necessary in today’s demanding and low-margin market. But identifying the ideal contract manufacturer for your organization’s production needs can be difficult given the hundreds of third-party manufacturers in the market, each with unique capabilities and limitations.
Redeure’s Sourcing and Procurement capabilities for Contract Manufacturing can help. Our proven combination of deep market intelligence, subject matter expertise, and strategic sourcing best practices has helped us identify the ideal contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for numerous clients. By identifying the proper CMO for our clients, Redeure’s strategic sourcing team helps them reduce costs, eliminate risks within their supply chains, and creates competitive advantages.
Let our strategic sourcing experience drive down your contract manufacturing costs and ensure that you engage the right contract manufacturing organization for your needs.
In our more than two decades of service providing strategic sourcing and procurement services, working with hundreds of companies in dozens of industries, Redeure has developed a suite of adaptable, customizable strategic sourcing, cost reduction, and spend management solutions that we will tailor to your organization’s specific needs as we identify the most ideal contract manufacturing solution for you. We will:
- Develop a holistic view of your company’s operations, and a full and comprehensive understanding of your organization’s needs and requirements for a contract manufacturer.
- Research the market to determine which contract manufacturing organizations best suit your organization
- Identify those third-party manufacturers capable of carrying out all unit operations in-house, where possible, to save you time.
- Identify those contract manufacturer facilities with the equipment necessary to manufacture your product at the desired volume.
- Ensure that the identified CMOs have the correct and necessary certifications and well-developed quality systems in place to support global applications.
- Compare and benchmark each supplier’s pricing for each phase of the technology transfer process.
- Initiate and develop relationships with the CMOs, and begin and cultivate productive dialog between your organization and theirs.
- Equip you with strategies to centralize, control, and maintain your bill of material (BOM) data to limit errors, reduce waste, instill higher quality, and ultimately control costs.
Redeure’s Process-Driven Sourcing approach saves you time and provides your decision-makers with a clear picture of the suppliers in the market.
As part of our strategic sourcing process, we profile a vast array of contract manufacturing organizations to give you a wide angle view of supplier capabilities with an initial Request for Information (RFI) phase. This RFI allows for the categorization of each contract manufacturer’s capabilities without disclosing your proprietary information, limiting intellectual property risk. Once the initial RFI is complete, Redeure will initiate the first round of supplier validation and vetting with your stakeholders. We will then work with you to refine the detailed questions that will be issued to the remaining contract manufacturers as part of a more in-depth Request for Proposal (RFP). The RFP includes a technical brief on your product to ensure the most accurate pricing proposals from the CMOs.
After the RFP is complete and all potential CMO proposals have been submitted, the next step of the strategic sourcing process involves your decision-makers sitting down with Redeure’s sourcing team to identify which of the bidding CMOs will be considered finalists. Redeure will offer guidance and make recommendations, but your organization’s decision is final. Once a decision has been made, Redeure’s strategic sourcing team will leverage our unparalleled volumes of real-time market intelligence against the potential CMOs proposal to secure additional benefits, including efficiency gains, service level improvements, and secondary and one-time cost savings opportunities.
Choosing the right contract manufacturing organization can create a number of competitive advantages for your company. Gaining exclusive access to manufacturer innovations, using cost-cutting technologies, reducing lead times, and buying out a CMOs capacity are just some of the potential competitive advantages awaiting a company that gains an ideal partner through the CMO relationship. Let Redeure help you make as informed a decision as possible, and create a lasting impact in the marketplace, when you select your next contract manufacturer.